Here’s a wee page I’ve put together of charities/services that can help you in regards to mental health issues and sexual assault. This’ll be constantly updated as I do more research and have my allies from across the globe help me out. If there’s a service you can suggest I’d love to hear about it – just pop me a message and I’ll credit your socials down below! 🙂 ♥♥
- Missing Link/Next Link – support for female survivors of domestic abuse/sexual assault/rape. I personally recommend them. Very anxious little me went to a support group there (I don’t do socialising) but I came away so much more educated and with a group of new pals! You also can get allocated a support worker.
- The Sanctuary – a safe place for those struggling with their mental health, open evenings/nights, offers lots of different therapies.
- Bristol Men’s Crisis House – a safe place for males with mental health issues, admission available for up to a month, again lots of different therapies available.
- Womankind – again another one I recommend! One on one and group counselling available for females affected by depression/domestic/sexual abuse.
- Bristol Wellbeing Therapies – offers a range of therapies and courses to help with depression/anxiety/stress and the things related to it.
- The Greenhouse – counselling for those affected by sexual abuse/rape.
- SARSAS – helpline, online support, group work and counselling for those affected by sexual abuse/rape/trafficking and their families/friends. Definitely recommend this one!
- The Bridge – medical care and counselling for those affected by rape and sexual assault. I recommend these guys but a definite plus is that they have hot drinks and fish tanks. FISH TANKS!
- Off The Record – one to one and group counselling, help with self harm and stress/anxiety – another one I recommend!
- Kinergy – counselling and group work for males and females affected by sexual abuse/rape
- Bernardo’s BASE – one on one support for people up to the age of 25 who are affected by sexual exploitation
- Southmead Project – therapy and practical support for adults who were abused as children and have turned to drugs, alcohol and other ways of self harming
- Connect Psychology – C.B.T for those with anger/anxiety/depression/OCD/low mood
- GanWest – individual and group counselling and C.B.T for those suffering from anxiety/PTSD/depression/OCD/bereavement
- Second Step – housing, rehab and support for those with addiction, mental health, learning and health difficulties
- Nilaari – support and therapy for black, asian and ethnic minorities suffering with mental health issues and substance abuse
- Oasis-Talk – counselling, C.B.T and workshops for those with depression, anxiety and stress
- Relate Avon – relationship and family counselling
- BAVA – information and resources in Bristol of all types of violence/abuse for all genders
- Changes Bristol – support groups for those with mental health issues
- SISH Bristol – support groups for those who self harm